United States, St. Louis, MO, Henkel Consumer Brands
Sulfonation / Processing Mechanic
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Expectations Analyze and determine proper corrective action to resolve mechanical problems.
- Answer to equipment failures and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Perform scheduled and preventative mechanical work.
- Ensure effective tie-in meetings occur between shifts.
- Basic computer skills are required for effective communication and documentation, including using the company provided CMMS.
- Respond to emergency breakdown repairs.
- Perform assigned work orders.
- Prepare work requests for repairs and improvement efforts.
- Assist in developing, modifying and performing P.M.’s and parts requirements.
- Ensure required spare or replacement parts are requested for stock in the storeroom.
- Assume responsibilities for the technical conditions and downtime associated with plant operating departments.
- Collaborate with operating department personnel to identify work orders that need to be accomplished, and plan and execute those work orders.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying knowledge skills and proper mechanical techniques presented in technical training sessions.
- Assume the responsibility for the maintenance, PM’s and the facility upkeep.
- Perform equipment maintenance including grease/lube, monitoring, maintaining, replacing and installing plant equipment and direct work activities associated with preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that health and safety is the utmost importance to individual members
- Must have a minimum of five years satisfactory experience in industrial-type mechanical maintenance work or equivalent amount of technical schooling and experience. Must submit transcripts to H.R.
- Must be a current certified mechanic
- Must achieve acceptable scores on Validated Assessments and successfully complete/pass recommended schooling to achieve certification.
- Must be able to pass the fork truck and elevator-platform lifts certification test.
- Must have basic capabilities in the use of test equipment.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to wear a respirator and other PPE as required.
- Must pass pulmonary function test.
- Must be able to grasp and lift 40 lbs. from floor to waist and carry up to 50 yards possibly up or down stairs throughout the shift.
- Must be able to stand and or walk 100% of the shift.
- Must be able to work lying on back, kneeling, bending, squatting and or climbing under and around machinery to check electrical wiring throughout the shift.
- Must be able to push/pull on wrenches to tighten/loosen nuts and bolts up to 500 ft. lbs of torque.
- Must be able to work overhead with piping using ladders, lifts, etc.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job as derived from the physical demands analysis for this job.
- Must be able to discern color.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
The hourly rate for this role is $34.31.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular