At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Consumer Brands continuously drive the evolution in dynamic categories: Laundry & Home Care and Hair. With our trusted brands, including Persil and Schwarzkopf, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- At Henkel Consumer brands, the role of Principal Scientist is responsible for developing new products to address future consumer needs and transform the laundry and beauty industries in sustainable and futuristic ways.
- You will independently initiate and execute research and development programs to provide practical technical solutions in the fields of laundry detergent, fabric enhancers and/or personal cleansing to support multi-year product pipeline vision and business strategies.
- You will oversee Henkel’s brands and collaborate with marketing to provide technical solutions to meet strategic innovation plans.
- The Principal scientist is expected to develop expertise in a technical field and product development, independently develop and execute a comprehensive research plan, conduct laboratory experiments, analyze results, and present findings in a clear, business relevant way.
- Working understanding of scientific instrumentation and testing methods is required.
- The Principal Scientist will gain a thorough knowledge of technology through primary scientific literature and patent landscape reviews; you will contribute to inventions and file patents.
- Opportunities include collaboration with scientists at Henkel’s Global headquarters in Dusseldorf, Germany, representing Henkel at scientific conferences, and developing working relationships with Suppliers and Universities.
- The Principal scientist can be a people manager who develops his/her team with excellence, seeks opportunity to grow direct reports, and supports their growth opportunities.
- This position can also be a senior scientist if talent profile is appropriate to the role.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of marketplace, products, and trends, and participates in the development of future competitive strategies.
- Actively seeks to understand and utilizes chemical structure/function relationships pertaining to material performance and the impact on textile and/or skin.
- Apply knowledge of testing and analytical instrumentations such as rheology, tensile strength testing, SEM, FTIR as well as specialized textile instrumentation. Seek out new methods to test benefits of technology.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, perform, analyze, and draw conclusions from complex technical experiments.
- Openly share expertise and point-of-view, contributing to free debate and discussion within the organization.
- Collaborates seamlessly with R&D’s cross-function teams (i.e. packaging, process development, product safety & regulatory, product testing, and manufacturing) and business partners (i.e., marketing, supply chain, finance, and legal) as well as customer teams during the development and commercialization of products.
- Provides leadership and contributes to R&D strategies.
- Stays abreast of new technologies and instrumentation and makes recommendations for capital improvements.
The salary for this role is $100,000.00 - $120,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.