Reimagining & improvinglife every day
The new Henkel brand unites our heritage and ambition going forward: engaging people to shape a purposeful future together with us and driving progress, while building on our core strengths.
Henkel at a Glance
Consumer Brands is our business unit covering consumer brands and products in the areas of Laundry & Home Care and Hair. In 2022, when Laundry & Home Care and Beauty Care were still two separate business units, Beauty Care generated sales of 3,775 million euros, 17 percent of total company sales. Laundry & Home Care generated sales of 7,152 million euros in 2022, 32 percent of total company sales.
Latest Press Releases
Henkel delivers significant sales increase in 2022 – poised for further growth in fiscal 2023
- Full year results 2022:
- Group sales: 22.4 billion euros, organic growth* of 8.8 percent
- Operating profit (EBIT)**: 2.3 billion euros, -13.7 percent
- EBIT margin**: 10.4 percent, -3.0pp
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)**: 3.90 euros, -17.8 percent at constant exchange rates
- Proposed dividend on prior-year level: 1.85 euros per preferred share
- Good progress in implementing Purposeful Growth Agenda
- New business unit Consumer Brands live
- Sustainability driven forward in key areas
- Outlook for fiscal 2023: further growth expected
- Organic sales growth: 1.0 to 3.0 percent
- EBIT margin**: 10.0 to 12.0 percent
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)**: between -10.0 and +10.0 percent (at constant exchange rates)
Henkel drives progress in sustainability with improvements in climate protection and social engagement
- Climate protection: Share of renewable electricity use at production sites worldwide climbs to 70 percent, reducing CO2-emissions by 55 percent (per ton of product)
- Circular economy: Further progress towards 100 percent recyclable and reusable packaging
- Social engagement: Solidarity program of 6 million euros for victims of Ukraine war
- Gender Parity Ambition: Further increasing share of women in management positions
- “Sustainability Pioneers”: Global employee engagement program successfully rolled out
Mark Dorn to become new Executive Vice President Adhesive Technologies
Effective February 1, 2023, Mark Dorn (49), currently Senior Vice President at Henkel with responsibility for the Adhesive Technologies business in the Asia-Pacific region, will be appointed Executive Vice President and member of the Management Board responsible for the Adhesive Technologies business unit. He succeeds Jan-Dirk Auris, who will leave the company at the end of January 2023 after around 35 years of successful service.
Change in the Henkel Management Board
Henkel today announced that Jan-Dirk Auris, the Board member responsible for the Adhesive Technologies business unit, will conclude his longstanding and successful service to the company at the end of January 2023, following the joint decision to forego a prolongation of his existing contract, which is scheduled to expire at the end of 2023. He will support the handover of responsibility to his successor.