Six good reasons for an internship at Henkel
Duration of 2 to 12 months
An internship in one of our 75 countries is the perfect way to get a first but deep understanding of what it means to work at Henkel. With a duration of 2 to 12 months, you get enough time to get firsthand work experience, live project experiences and opportunity to explore our diverse, global company culture.
Exciting Projects Worldwide
We love to see our interns being fully involved, regardless of the location and function. That’s why you’ll be working on your own projects and take responsibility at an early stage. Express your ideas and help find new solutions for our products and technologies.
Countless Learning Opportunities
An internship at Henkel is more than just work experience - you’ll be learning for life. Through our Double-in Day, you can switch positions with another intern to experience Henkel from a different perspective. Furthermore, you can also make use of our various learning opportunities with access to more than 9.000 online courses.
Individual Mentorship and Feedback
We like to foster individual skills and competences. As an intern, you’ll receive guidance by your project guide. As a first person of reference, your project guide will take you through your tasks, support your professional development, and answer all your questions. Take the chance!
Become a Career Trackie
For our talents: Take the chance and become part of our Career Track! As such, you are one of our high-potential interns and will be known as a first choice for future full-time employment and get the chance for a direct entry at Henkel. We can’t wait to see you unleash your full potential!
You’ll have regular opportunities to meet other interns and exchange your experiences. Join the welcome day within your first days, take part in special lunch dates, a guided tour through the Henkel locations as well as our evening events – it will be worth it!
How to apply
During the first step we are happy about your comprehensive online application at our Henkel job portal. You will need your résumé - preferably as a PDF file. Please make use of the opportunity to upload further relevant documents (e.g. certificates, overview of grades), so we have all documents at our hands, which are relevant for our decision. In case you have a LinkedIn-profile, you can comfortably import your data with one click. A letter of motivation can be attached optionally.
In a one-on-one interview we will talk about your studies, your experience and your future goals. Of course, you will get more information about Henkel and internships. You can ask questions about the position, your future team or career opportunities at Henkel, for example.
If you impress us at each stage, and we think you are a match for one of our open positions, you will receive a job offer. If you share our values and are looking for great career opportunities, you’ll accept the offer.
Henkel delivers very strong performance in the first half year – double-digit growth in organic sales and earnings
- Group sales show organic growth of +11.3 percent to around 10 billion euros (nominal +4.7 percent), driven by all business units and regions
- Operating profit* rises to 1,430 million euros, +20.1%
- EBIT margin* increased to 14.4%, +1.9 percentage points
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)* grow by+22.4% to 2.40 euros, +30.1% at constant exchange rates
- Good progress in all areas of purposeful growth agenda
- Outlook for fiscal year 2021 updated: higher sales growth with unchanged earnings guidance
- Organic sales growth: +6.0 to +8.0 percent (previously: +4.0 to +6.0 percent)
- EBIT margin*: 13.5 to 14.5 percent (previously: 14.0 to 15.0 percent)
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS) *: Increase in the high single-digit to mid-teens percentage range at constant exchange rates (unchanged)
Henkel reports strong start to fiscal 2021
- Group sales show significant organic growth of +7.7 percent to around 5 billion euros, nominal growth of +0.8 percent adversely affected by currency headwinds
- All business units report organic sales growth:
- Adhesive Technologies with double-digit organic sales growth of +13.0 percent, nominal +6.7 percent
- Beauty Care reports good organic sales growth of +2.3 percent, nominal -1.1 percent
- Laundry & Home Care records very strong organic sales growth of +4.1 percent, nominal -5.6 percent
- Emerging markets with double-digit organic sales growth of +18.5 percent, mature markets grow +0.5 percent
- Henkel raises guidance for fiscal 2021:
- Organic sales growth: +4.0 to +6.0 percent
- EBIT margin*: 14.0 to 15.0 percent
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)*: Increase in the high single-digit to mid-teens percentage range at constant exchange rates
Wolfgang König to succeed Jens-Martin Schwärzler as Executive Vice President Beauty Care
Wolfgang König (48), currently Category President Kellogg North America, will join the Henkel Management Board as Executive Vice President for the Beauty Care business effective June 1, 2021. He succeeds Jens-Martin Schwärzler (57) who will not be available for another term. He has been with Henkel for more than 28 years and has led Henkel Beauty Care since 2017.